Monday 27 April 2015

Fifty Shades of Kat

Hello, pets, and welcome to my newest blog. Now, I know some of you out there are excited to hear how the Lover’s Scorn event went (it went awesome despite even the cold temperature) but there’s something else I need to address first before it picks it too much steam and I hear the comment over too many more times. That of course being that I am nothing short of a “50 Shades knockoff”.
Now, I don’t hold anything against the series. I’ve tweeted my thoughts about it before and even now my thoughts haven’t changed. I don’t like it but I also don’t hate it. I’m of the mind that you cannot properly “bash” something unless you have seen or read it. And other things but in this case seeing and reading is about all you can do. I feel that it’s wrong and that it’s people jumping on the “bandwagon of hate” because they all want a voice too. Even if it’s something that they don’t fully understand. So first thing; if you’re going to call me a “50 Shades knockoff” and then tell me you have not read the book or seen the movie…I want no further business with you. Either that or I’ll be linking you to this blog. Most likely I’ll be linking you since I’m also not eager to make any more enemies than I already have.
That all being said…why do I take offence to this? Well, aside from the negative aspect thrown in the insult given, that type of bondage is simply not my style. This is what I’ve mentioned before, that 50 Shades is more of a sensual bondage style. What is sensual bondage? And why does it sound like something I’ve made up? :P It may be, but it’s all just easier to explain it this way, pets.
Sensual bondage is bondage done with the desired “climax” being sex. It’s the type of bondage that you’ll read about in magazines, especially now. It involves light touch things that enhance the stimulants to help make the act of love making that much more powerful. Blindfolds, fuzzy cuffs, soft floggers, and fur paddles. Nothing meant to hurt beyond anyones limits but soft enough to give that embracing feeling. That’s what is being marketed out of the movie and book. Bondage as a foreplay.
How does this differ from me? Because I perform bondage as a release, not foreplay. I don’t expect sex at the end of a session unless it is agreed upon by both myself and my client. To be honest, sex is hardly ever an act performed after a session with me. Therefore…the bondage I perform doesn’t lead anywhere other than personal satisfaction for both myself and my client. They may lead it to sex with their significant other, but I don’t make it the intention.
What really annoys me isn’t the fact that people don’t understand the difference, it’s that they sometimes make it clear that they don’t care to know the difference. “50 Shades” is not a representation of every bondage field out there. Every client is not the girl and every dominant is not the man. There are factors of bondage that aren’t even mentioned in the book or movie. Trust me. Trust me, I highly doubt you’ll find anything to do with ponygirls, gynophagia, or even simple forniphilia. Believe me, if the last two were involved you’d be watching a completely different movie. Or the books never would’ve been published as they were. Lol
Those that don’t know; Gynophagia is the act of cannibalistic scenarios, usually involving women as the subjects while forniphilia is human furniture. Ponygirls are just plain awe inspiring and wonderful.
So in closing, please, PLEASE don’t be ignorant. Don’t let those that don’t understand tell you that one thing like “50 Shades” covers the entire field of bondage. I’m always open to explain more and always love doing so. It’s why I try and be prompt with tweets and I check my Ask.fm account every few days. Or more if I get a notification, obviously. Lol The good thing about there is that if you’re uncomfortable about asking the question, you can do so anonymously.
Thank you for your time in reading this. I always enjoy writing my blogs. Hopefully next time I can discuss the Lovers Scorn event as a lot took place there and again I had a ton of fun. Anyway, until then, pets, I love each and every one of you and can’t wait to hear your questions. :)
Katalina Star

@NaughtyKatalina
Ask Katalina

No comments:

Post a Comment