Monday 16 October 2017

Perfect Pet: This Cats Claws

Amara desert, once home to a mighty kingdom but it had vanished centuries ago. Now, aside from the half buried pyramid off in the distance, there was nothing left other than the name itself. Given that this was the only way to Alleyne's home, this is where Sonico is bringing her through while having quite the spirited conversation, albeit one sided.

“That's why the next time someone tries to tell you that cabbage or broccoli are the money vegetable, you can tell them it's carrots. Carrots hands down are the absolute best and here's why. See—”

Sonico finds herself interrupted by Alleyne being abruptly popped down into the sand with such force it pulls the ring from her grip. After regaining her balance, Sonico turns in all directions looking for her wayward pet.

“Alleyne? Alleyne?”

Something moves past her foot causing her to jump back and watch as that same something moves swiftly along through the sand. Seeing whatever it was dragging an unconscious Alleyne behind it, Sonico grabs up the dropped staff and chases after her. Unfortunately, on the sand she wasn't as fast as she could be as Alleyne is taken further and further away from her. Fortunately, though, the object pulling Alleyne appears to be heading straight for the pyramid so Sonico figures she has a location to get to. Once there she watches as Alleyne is pulled deeper into the same. Making a dive for her, Sonico just barely touches her hand before the elf is pulled in too deep.

“Alleyne? Alleyne!”

Sonico begins to dig but as the sand just keeps sliding down into her hole she finds her efforts are only wasted. Therefore, she drops back and tries to think up a new plan of entry looking over the still massive pyramid before her wondering if there were a way in through the structure itself. That's when she notices the cat girl climbing along the side of it. Figuring she must have the same thing in mind, Sonico starts climbing up after her.

“Hey!” She shouts out. “Wait!”

“Hm? Wah!”

The cat girl exclaims as she looks back finding her grip suddenly slip. Sonico gasps and begins to climb up higher.

“Hold on!”

She works her best to make it in time as she catches hold of the girl bringing her back to a stable placement.

“Are you okay? You almost fell!” Sonico says still embracing the girl who moans before shoving the rabbit away.

“I'm fi-ah!”

The act nearly has her falling once more as Sonico reaches out saving her a second time.

“I thought cats were supposed to be nimble on their feet.” She teases trying to turn the girls mood around on her. “My name's Sonico. What's yours?”

“Weird name. Meow.” The girl replies as Sonico looks down a little depressed hearing that. Seeing her comment spark this sort of reaction, the cat girl begins waving her hands frantically about in front of her. “N-no, not yours. Yours is great! Mine, mine's the weird one! Meow!”

“Oh. What is it?”

The girl sits down along the massive steps crossing her arms. “Meracle. Meracle Chamlotte.”

“Meracle?” Sonico repeats sitting down next to her. “I think that's a cute name.”

Meracle only groans looking away into the desert until turning back to Sonico.

“What are you doing up here anyway? Don't you know this place is evil?”

“My friend was just taken here. I couldn't find a way in from down there so I figured you might know something. Since you were up here and--”

“I don't know anything! This place is evil! That's why I have to stop it!” Meracle shouts before turning to resume climbing up a few more steps then stops looking back but not to Sonico as her cheeks turn a bright pink. “But...you saved my life twice so...I guess I'll help you find your friend.”

“Really? Thank you!” Sonico exclaims as she starts to climb up after the girl.



“What have you got for me today, Setra?” A dark haired woman asks leaning in close to Alleyne, who just stands staring downward as though all will had been hypnotized out of her body.

“A new slave for you, oh holiest of holies.” Exclaims a flying sceptre that comes up from behind the mindless doll.

“Hm...you haven't had the greatest track record with these thus far, Setra. Is this even a real elf?” She inquires poking a finger against the tip of Alleyne's ear. “Or did you just graft more flesh onto a human's ears again?”

Setra begins to sweat nervously as the woman eyes suspiciously toward him.

“They live for centuries, that last one died a little prematurely.”

“Th-th-this is the real thing! I assure you, high queen Menace.” Setra exclaims as Menace leans in close to him causing the sceptre to panic even more. “Goddess! High Goddess Menace!”

“That's better. Well, her ears feel real enough.” She says giving one a flick prompting an unconscious reaction out of Alleyne.

“...Mistress...”

“Oh my me!!!” Menace shouts happily as she clasps her hands aside her head. “She's already given in. Quick! Get this one to the altar, Setra! You may have redeemed yourself yet!”

As Menace giggles off to another stone room, Setra floats out in front of Alleyne matching her gaze.

“You heard your Mistress, to the altar. Let's go.”

Alleyne doesn't say anything, she just obediently turns like a hypnotized zombie and starts to walk in the direction Menace left in. Watching her go, Setra muses to himself over something as he flies up chomping down on the back of Alleyne's bikini string and skirt yanking them both off as the elf just keeps walking. Once she arrives at the altar, Alleyne lies down facing upward while Setra flies into Menace's grasp where she holds him up high beginning the chant.

“Oh, loyal souls of the underworld, I command you! Rise up and inhabit this...this...Setra?” Menace queries pressing pressing a finger aside her mouth as she looks the elf over. “Why is she naked?”

“Well, uh, to allow better ease of access for the spirit.” He quickly answers, although his eyes looking over Allenye's breasts and hips tends to tell a different story.

“She was barely wearing anything to begin with. Plus you know spirits can fly through clothing.” She groans but then shrugs bringing Setra back up. “Whatever. She was going to be changed anyway. Now...rise up and inhabit this body in your Goddess' name!”

The altar begins to glow a deep purple as a dark shade slowly creeps out from inside of it coiling itself around Alleyne who remains unphased by everything. Soon, the spirit comes to Alleyne's mouth forcing it open as it slides inside where, not long after, a white shade in the form of Alleyne is pushed out through the belly button.

“I'll take that!” Setra exclaims greedily opening his mouth sucking in the spectral image of Alleyne as things in the chamber begin to calm down.

Once the glowing has stopped, Menace leans over Alleyne's head looking down at her as Setra floats in as well.

“Did it work?”

“It's exactly as you gave it the other times.”

“Hm. Maybe this one's just a little-oh!”

Menace comes back when Alleyne opens her eyes, blinks, and sits up slowly turning toward Menace. After immediately gasping, the nude elf leaps from the altar and bows at Menace's feet.

“A thousand of my humblest apologies, Mistress, I did not mean to gaze upon your irresistible beauty.”

Menace looks down at Alleyne and slowly begins to smile touching a hand atop her slave's head.

“Think not of it. Tell me, slave, what is your name?”

“This vessel was known as Alleyne, but...I am Aldara, Mistress.”

“Well, Aldara, you need a more suitable attire if you're to be in my service. Setra, see to it she is properly outfitted.”

“Of course, my Goddess.” Setra flies over to Alleyne. “Shall we?”

Alleyne bows her head further down before coming up to her knees turning from Menace as to not meet her gaze and begin to walk away. As she does, Setra nestles himself in between Alleyne's breasts sighing happily as Menace watches them go.

:::::

Outside and still climbing along the large staircase like wall of the pyramid, Sonico pauses to take in the view seeing the vast desert for miles around attracting Meracle's attention to her hesitance in climbing.

“It's amazing this entire desert was one big kingdom.” Sonico says unable to imagine what it must have been like.

“It wasn't that tremendous.” Meracle answers. “There were only three accepted classes. Slaves, the guards whipping the slaves, and the Queen telling the guards to whip the slaves.”

“There weren't merchants? Doctors?”

“Slaves.”

“Farmers?”

“Slaves.” Meracle answers now growing more frustrated.

“Everyone?”

“Everyone, meow! Yes! They were all slaves! Anyone who tried to oppose this order...” Meracle looks away from the desert as Sonico's ears lower down.

“I'm sorry.”

“No,” Meracle answers back. “I should be sorry. I'm just...agitated, I don't know why. It's not you, it's the closer I get to the top. The closer I get to getting inside. The closer I get the more I feel like...I shouldn't be doing this. Like I'm not the one cut out for this job.”

Sonico smiles faintly as she approaches her new friend. “You're just afraid, Meracle. It's okay to be, especially at times like this. We don't know what we're facing or if we'll even make it out. But...we need to do this.”

Meracle looks a little amazed by Sonico's ambition so she feels the need to ask.

“Just meow close of a friend is she to you?”

“Very.” Sonico answers feeling relieved she could get that much out of herself. “Even though we've only known one another for a few months we've been through so much.”

“Like what, meow?”

“We thwarted a group of slavers, destroyed an underground arena, I was inhabited by a misguided spirit before letting her go, and just recently we survived an assassination attempt.”

“Wow. Is that...normal for me-ya?”

“No. Before I met Alleyne my life was quite the opposite.”

Meracle nods a bit to that but something still seems odd to her. “And yet...you're risking your life so you can continue risking your life?”

Sonico shakes her head. “I'm risking my life because I made a promise to Alleyne. I promised I'd take her home. So I can't leave her here.”

“You aren't at all scared?”

“I'm terrified.” Sonico answers back. “But not over what I think might happen, but I'm afraid of failing Alleyne.”

Meracle was in more awe now than before as she looks down at herself gently grasping the jewel at the front of her collar.

“Mother...named me Meracle because she thought I could bring back our family honor, meow.”

Sonico doesn't say anything, instead she just turns to Meracle and listens.

“She said of her seven children I was the most rebellious. Mother, meow, is a slave. She belongs to a man in a big city far from here and my siblings will be sold off soon.”

“That's horrible!” Sonico exclaims bringing her hands to her mouth.

“It's too late for them, but mother said I could come back here and take back all that we lost.”

“What do you mean? What's here for you, Meracle?”

Meracle releases the jewel and looks back over the vast desert before them before continuing.

“My ancestors used to live here. Sometime ago, an ancestral relative of mine even challenged the queen Menace of this land over placement of the people. She rallied everyone together and stormed this very pyramid.”

“I take it things didn't go the way they planned.” Sonico adds as Meracle shakes her head.

“She was captured, tortured, and warped. The next time she set foot outside the pyramid she had been turned into Menace's newest general, meow. She used Menace's armies to slaughter and enslave the very people she promised to protect. For generations after, my family lived the life of servitude to Menace until my great-great grandmother managed to escape.”

“That sounds great!” Sonico says but her tone drops when she sees Meracle once more shake her head.

“Because she had spent her whole life a slave, she was easy pickings outside of the kingdom. It wasn't even a day when she was captured and sold as a slave to the very Master my mother still serves, meow.”

“I...see.”

“That's why I came here, for my mothers and my family's, and my ancestors sake. I'm going to right the wrong and defeat Menace. No matter what it takes.”

“I'll help you.” Sonico says drawing Meracle's attention. “I...don't know how much I can offer, but if we find Alleyne inside then I know I can get her help as well.”

Meracle begins to smile before turning to look up to the top of the pyramid.

“Still a long way up.”

“But it'll all be worth it.” Sonico adds as the two continue climbing.

/\
/      \
/             \
/                   \
/                          \
/                                  \
~~~~~~~~~~==============~~~~~~~~~
Back inside, Menace lays over the top of her bed as Alleyne rubs massage oil along her back. Alleyne was now in a new outfit consisting of a bikini top made of thin pearl strings, a light satin clothe running down from her waist just covering her crotch, and a see through veil over the bottom half of her face. Unfortunately for Menace, Setra was still working on trying to unlock the massive collar around the elf's neck.

“Setr-AH! Why is that eyesore of a collar still on my slave's neck?”

“I don't know, I've tried every key configuration I can think of but nothing seems to fit.”

“That's going to be a hefty shame for you if you can't get it done. Mmm...your hands are so talented, Aldara.”

“Thank you, Mistress, your words fill me with such joy.” Alleyne replies working her fingers now along the small of Menace's back. “Mistress, if I may be so bold as to speak freely,”

“You may, so long as you don't stop.” Menace warns.

“There is no worry of that.” Alleyne lovingly replies. “I was just curious, what has become of the once mighty Amaran empire?”

Menace lets out a sigh and not because of Alleyne's touch over her ribs now.

“Have my words displeased you, Mistress?”

“No, Aldara, you haven't displeased me.”

“The story is a touchy one for the Mistress.” Setra explains floating in alongside Alleyne. “You are not familiar with the traitor, Anarista, are you?”

Alleyne shakes her head. “No. Mistress sacrificed me before such a person became known to me.”

“She came as a gift from a another kingdom.” Menace begins. “At first she was little more than a slave working in the background. But over time she became so much more to me. I know I should have been wary of the way she at times pushed for my attention, but I couldn't help myself.”

“Was she pleasing to the eye?” Alleyne asks as Menace looks back at her arching a brow annoyingly. “Was it too forward a question, Mistress?”

“Very.” Menace answers resting back down to allow Alleyne to continue with the massage. “A slave's attention should be on the comfort of their Mistress, not their own desires.”

“I apologize, Mistress.” Alleyne says.

“But to answer your question, she was gorgeous. She had soft, tanned skin. Hair dark as the ravens feather. Eyes that could pierce your very soul.”

“With lovely hips and a voluptuous rack.” Setra adds as Menace blushes furiously. Alleyne tries not to giggle here as she focuses solely on her work.

“How did she betray you?”

“Locking me away. Luckily they didn't take in to account the power of my sceptre, otherwise I would have died in that tomb. Unfortunately, the same could not be said for those above ground. You see, it was with Setra that I was able to keep the winds calm and the sand down enough to run my kingdom. With the two of us buried behind stone, sandstorms ravaged the lands and Anarista was buried alive.”

Alleyne bites her tongue here wanting to thank the gods for such a fate on such a horrible woman. But, she didn't fully understand Menace's feelings for her so thus comes the silence.

“When I came out I found her body petrified by the sand on her way to my throne. She never did quite make it. But...she and I are never apart either now.”

Menace says looking up toward the ceiling where Alleyne's eyes follow to find the petrified remains of Anarista bound in chains. The sight frightens the elf a little as she gasps as Menace giggles over her slave's reaction. However, the queen is soon up when a rabbit and cat come crashing in through the ceiling shattering Anarista from her bonds before grinding the body into dust upon crushing against it on the floor.

“Ow.” Sonico moans lying underneath of Meracle who lets out a lengthy groan.

“To answer your question, meow...that's how we're getting in.” She continues to groan coming up to her knees as Sonico slowly sits up rubbing the back of her head.

Seeing the two, Menace comes up bringing an arm across her bare chest to keep herself covered as she passes Alleyne to look the intruders over.

“My. My oh my. A rabbit and a kitten.” Both Sonico and Meracle look toward Menace who eyes them with delicious intent. “I didn't think I'd get so many cute new slaves in such a short amount of time.”

“Slaves?” Sonico asks still a little wobbly when she notices Alleyne standing by the padded table. “Alleyne!”

“Mistress,” Alleyne replies as Sonico begins to smile happy to see her so soon. “Shall I detain these two for you?”

“Hm?” Menace queries when she notices the jewel hanging from the front of Meracle's collar. Seeing her interest, the cat girl quickly grabs it in her hand concealing it from the queen's sight.

“A...lleyne?” Sonico questions as Menace plants a finger to her chin.

“Hm, take them to the alter, Aldara.” Menace commands as Alleyne nods.

“Sonico,” Meracle says getting to her feet.

“Yes, Mistress.” Alleyne replies looking to the cat and rabbit.

“Alleyne?” Sonico again questions feeling Meracle grabbing hold of her arm bringing her up.

“Run, meow!” Meracle shouts racing away pulling Sonico up and out of the chambers with her as Alleyne gives chase.

“Setra, that jewel...” Menace begins with a smirk as her sceptre glances over at her.

=^..^=

Rushing down the corridors with Alleyne hot on their heels, both Meracle and Sonico look for a way out before the former looks over at the rabbit.

“Your friend, huh, meow?”

“She's just...confused. I think I know how to help her.” Sonico stops and turns around throwing out her arms. “Sulpa!”

“Prepare to serve my Mistress!” Alleyne shouts as Sonico turns and resumes running alongside Meracle who shouts.

“What the hell was that?”

“I thought it would work!” Sonico cries out.

<=*_*=>

Having hidden themselves in a small room, Meracle and Sonico hide along either side of the doorway as on the other end Alleyne rushes by still in search of the two. Once her footsteps have faded out, both Sonico and Meracle let out their own deep breaths.

“That's your friend?” Meracle exclaims.

“She's not usually like that.” Sonico returns in defense of her pet.

“Well, either through hypnosis or some other kind of mind control she's like that now.” Meracle says walking further into the dark room to try and get a better look of their surroundings as Sonico follows close behind.

“That woman called her Aldara. So maybe Alleyne is just under some sort of spell.”

“Either way she's on Menace's side meow.”

Meracle points out as she approaches a wall running a hand along the surface. There were several paintings over it depicting a variety of scenes, all of them including Menace in some way in either formal or informal situations. One part in particular Meracle comes to is a trio of cat girls all kneeling and facing toward her as above them was Menace. Around the neck of the top cat girl was a jewel similar to that from around Meracle's neck. The cat girl leans in for a closer look when Sonico startles her from the side.

“What is it?” She asks unable to see as clearly in the dark.

Meracle looks at Sonico and then to the wall shaking her head. “Just a reminder of why I'm here, meow.”

Meracle walks away as Sonico tries to take in what's on the wall making out some faint images of Menace. All of them seemed similar for some reason but given the light it was difficult for Sonico to figure out why. Eventually she simple gives up and hurries after her new friend to walk alongside her.

“What do you think this room is?”

“I dunno,” Meracle answers. “Frankly, I'm just glad for the quiet. Gives us time to think.”

“Well...I've been thinking already.” Sonico say as Meracle looks over at her. “Just...we came here to get Alleyne and defeat Menace, right?”

Meracle nods her head.

“Our element of surprise is already gone and there's no way we can get out without making some sort of commotion. So...”

~-~-~~~~~~~

Standing before Alleyne, Sonico, with Meracle, throws up her arms.

“We surrender.”

“MEOW!?”

:::::------------:::::

Led now to the altar where Menace waits above it, both Sonico and Meracle are pushed to their knees before their new Goddess by Alleyne before the elf goes to join up and kneel by her Mistress' side.

“Very well done, Aldara.” Menace coos.

“Alleyne!” Sonico tries to correct as Menace looks between the two.

“Curious tomb raiders should know their place and keep quiet.” Menace warns.

“We aren't here to raid!” Meracle shouts working her way up to her feet.

“Oh?” Menace smiles. “Then what brings you here to my feet?”

Meracle takes a few steps forward. “To avenge my ancestors, you undead nightmare!”

Menace simply smiles as Meracle clenches up her fists, her face turning red by the time Sonico is looking up at her.

“So that's how you got it then.” Menace says a finger to her lips as she eyes down at Meracle.

“Got what?”

“This.” Setra proclaims lifting up the jewel with it's shaft causing Meracle to jump back throwing up her claws while the sceptre retreats back to his Mistress' grasp.

“I gave that to a former slave of mine.” Menace says as Meracle goes back to clutching the jewel.

“My ancestor. My family has held onto it to remind us of your horrible misdeeds.”

“Watch your tongue!” Aldara hisses.

“Alleyne! Bad pet!” Sonico instinctively shouts out as Meracle looks cautiously now to her.

“Pet?”

“That jewel was given to the most loyal of my subjects.” Menace says taking the attention back from Meracle as she continues. “The one who brought me countless rebellious townspeople to suffer my wrath.”

“No. You're lying!” Meracle shouts. “My ancestor brought those people to fight you!”

“They were a gift.” Alleyne states as Meracle looks to her next. “Of my humble obedience to you.”

“Who...who are you?” Meracle questions.

“Aldara Chamlotte. I am your ancestor, Meracle.” Alleyne states as Meracle steps back shaking her head. “I have returned to serve my Mistress once more and I see you are here to answer our lineage at last.”

“No.” Meracle tears up. “No! I'm here to kill her!”

She shouts pointing to Menace who seems lost in her own world as she appears fixated on something above them.

“Coincidence of this?” She ponders to herself.

“Maybe not.” Setra answers as Menace looks to him. “It may be that Aldara felt the power of the jewel close by and that allowed her to get a leg up on all your other sacrificed souls.”

“Maybe.”

“Will you shut up!” Meracle shouts to Menace. “You don't need to figure this whole thing out, I'm going to kill you here and now!”

“No you won't.” Menace waves out Setra as dark energy coils itself around Meracle's body. The cat girl growls and struggles but it's of no use as something flickers in Sonico's mind. “You're going to serve me, just as your ancestor did and still does to this day. Do you know why?”

Meracle doesn't answer, aside from the occassional grunt in effort to break free of her spectral bindings.

“It's not because you're here or because I think you're incredibly cute. It's because that's just what your family does.” Menace begins to step toward the cat girl who glares back at her. “Your ancestor came to me on her knees wishing to be mine and ever since your family has served as my personal slaves. That is until a few centuries ago.”

“My...great...great-great grandmother. She escaped your...wicked clutches.”

“No, she simply saw what was coming when I was betrayed. She avoided the sand storms and went out in search of a new Master.”

“No...she...she was captured!”

“She gave herself away.” Menace laughs. “And that jewel? You may say it's a reminder, but it's a reminder of your families obedience to me. Your family has been bred to serve me.”

Flashes of Meracle's mother passes through her mind. “Return us to glory. You are our little miracle, Meracle.” Is what was told to her as Meracle realizes she was never sent to kill Menace, but to return to the line of submission. Meracle drops her head and begins to sob quietly to herself as Menace lifts her head up with Setra beneath her chin.

“Submit. It's in your blood to do so.”

“I...” Meracle begins, tears rolling down her cheeks as she looks to Alleyne who anxiously awaits the words of her descendent. “I...sub-”

“Meracle!” Sonico shouts snapping the cat girl from her trance. “It doesn't matter what your ancestors did or what your blood is telling you to do. You're your own person, you know that!”

“Silence.” Alleyne hisses as Sonico ignores her.

“You don't have to follow this horrid legacy, you can start a new one. You came here to fight, so fight!”

Meracle blinks, her eyes still moist from her tears from earlier as Menace walks toward her swinging the back of Setra across the side of her face.

“Silence, slave!”

Sonico collapses to the ground but doesn't give in on her friend.

“It's...it's her sceptre, Meracle. That's her power. Without it, she can't--”

Sonico is once more interrupted by a shot from Setra courtesy of Menace, this time hard in the ribs as the rabbit girl is left to cover herself and wince from the pain.

“Put this one on the altar, Aldara. The sooner she becomes mine the sooner my migraine will end.”

Menace starts to rub her fingers along her temples as Alleyne comes as commanded gripping hold of Sonico's bicep putting her up to her feet. Without any showing of remorse, she then starts walking the rabbit girl to the altar. Along the way, Sonico notices a jug and reaches out for it.

“Apologies, Alleyne.”

Sonico says before smacking the elf across the back of the head with it. She then turns throwing the jug at Menace who reacts abruptly dropping Setra so she could catch the object. This shift in Setra's structure causes the dark energy to loosen around Meracle as she can feel it and begins struggling even more.

“Get her on the altar!” Menace commands again grabbing Setra from the ground as Alleyne chokes Sonico onto the stone slab.

Menace goes to take her place atop the altar when Meracle manages to break free and grab hold of Setra tearing it from the ancient Goddess' grasp.

“Setra!” She cries out as Meracle looks to her.

“Not for my ancestors,” Meracle says turning as she brings Setra in both hands in behind her. “But for ME!”

She hurls Setra against the wall smashing it to pieces as Menace drops to her knees screaming out as the ground begins to rumble around them. The magic of Setra that had been keeping the sands at bay was also strengthening the structure of the pyramid beneath the weight of the sand and now the walls were crumbling. Not just that, but a white spectral image of Alleyne comes out from the shattered remains of the sceptre and soar instantly to the elf's body knocking out a dark spectral image in the shape of a cat. Seeing this, Sonico sits up still a little timid as she holds out a hand toward her pet.

“S...sulpa?”

Alleyne quickly licks it and looks dead in her Mistress' eyes.

“Amin naa uncertain mani naa happening, nan' ta naa clear lye must kela. Sii'.” Alleyne says in all seriousness as she covers up from some drifting sand escaping the ceiling. Sonico just stares blankly at her and nods.

It isn't long that the two are rushing from the room as Sonico reaches for Meracle who chases along after them through the crumbling halls looking for a way out. Alleyne keeps a steady eye around pulling Sonico from dangerous moments as Meracle uses her reflexes to dodge falling stones until they see the light of the sun not too far ahead of them through a massive hole in the wall.

“You aren't leaving that quickly!” A voice shouts from behind as the trio look to find Menace storming after them. “You will obey. You will serve. You will--”

Menace is cut off by a wave of sand blowing her back down the hall as Meracle smirks witnessing this.

“Come on!”

Sonico shouts out over the rumbles as they continue running, dodging stones and falling piles of sand.

“We're almost there!” Meracle calls out before being pushed away forcibly by a different wave of sand down another dark hall.

“Meracle!” Sonico shouts reaching out but Alleyne continues pulling her toward the hall jumping out as massive blocks fall in behind them.

It's a bit of a tumble down the remainder of the massive stone steps and the last thing Sonico remembers before passing out is her voice once more silently calling for Meracle.

~*~ ~*~ ~*~

Sonico eventually wakes up sometime later next to a light fire being tended to by Alleyne who looks to be in deep thought. At least until Sonico begins to sit up. Seeing this, Alleyne quickly reaches out.

“Uma il- bela, lle injuries naa unclear.”

Sonico just groans as she sits up resting a hand over her ribs before dropping onto her back feeling that to be more comfortable than sitting up. From there, she can look from under her brow to the destroyed pyramid, the last bastion of the Amaran empire, off in the distance. It takes the rabbit girl a bit but she soon remembers as she sits up instantly.

“Meracle!” She groans as she rests back down while Alleyne comes over to check over her Mistress.

“Manka Meracle naa i' er lle nae yassen earlier, amin il- utua he`. Amin naa sorry, Mistress.”

Sonico, with her head being rested over Alleyne's lap, looks around the fire to see that it was indeed just the two of them there.

“Meracle...she didn't make it out, did she?” Sonico begins to tear up. “She wanted to start a new legacy for her family. She wanted them to be free. She barely got a chance to feel it herself.”

Sonico begins to cry out for her lost friend as Alleyne, uncertain of how to best deal here, begins to softly stroke a hand along the top of her Mistress' head.

^ ^
={ }=
II
II
II
///////
II
II
II
( )

Menace kneels over the shattered remains of Setra shaking as she tries desperately to piece him back together. To feel his magic, to get him to talk...anything! She's so engrossed in this task she doesn't even hear the footsteps of an approaching cloaked figure until they're upon her.

“Why does she cry?” The hidden female asks startling Menace who grabs the largest piece of Setra and waves it out like a last ditch weapon. “Why does she fight?”

“Who...who are you?” Menace commands.

The woman just takes out a knife cutting it across the palm of her hand dropping a few bits of blood on the pieces of Setra before grabbing some. After a light glow, she rests the mended part of the sceptre back down and turns to Menace who slowly lowers her own piece.

“Just someone out helping someone who could be a friend.” The woman removes the hood of her cloak revealing herself as Branwen who smiles at Menace. “A friend who smells an awful lot like rabbit.”

No comments:

Post a Comment