Sunday 23 April 2017

My, somewhat, art

Gaze upon it. Gaze upon the horrendousness of this image and cast your judgment. Of proprietors of art or just people who are quick to follow their emotions. Both of you I'll get to because, as I've mentioned, I stand by this work. Not proudly in the sense that I spent hours upon hours figuring it all out. If anything, yes, it was a rushed job. Just look at the different textures of it all. The way Kenzi looks a little more clear above Farrah's blurry image. Is that art talking? It could be. I'm sure I could turn that into some kind of metaphor about who I believe I know better, who's much more surreal to me. But no, I worked through a catalog of images I had for Farrah and that was the best one. So if your hatred toward the image is over how ugly it turned out, know that I'm in agreement.

For those that dislike the image over what it represents...I can understand. I can understand but I cannot accept. This is not the first image where I've depicted someone not of my lifestyle within it and there were no voices then. Also, as Kenzi pointed out in her own blog, what would happen if the roles were reversed? Would you have cheered? Would the image have been shared a multitude of times? Would you have suddenly felt the need to revel in the embarrassment of another?

I understand those that came out against the image did so because they love and respect Farrah. I feel the same way toward her. Or at least I did. Before the image, if you were to ask me what I thought about Farrah, I would have described her as being strong, compassionate, and most of all thick skinned. She was someone who had seen the abuse thrown toward my wife and would film her reaction before, quite willingly, stepping in front of it herself. I also got a taste first hand of just how thick her skin was when we had our own match. I know Katie went full board on her and she didn't appear phased by the words. Which is why I'm so shocked she took such offense from an image that was clearly meant for fun.

Now, I'm certain there are some who would say I posted it knowing how Farrah would react. But, in all honesty, it wasn't her reaction I was fearful of. As I said above, I had a notion that Farrah could take it on the chin and move on. I was worried over how Kenzi would take it. I had the thought of doing this image for some time, back when it only felt we were flirting with the notion of her doing the sorts of things I was into. I still don't fully know her limits and seeing her reaction to my colored image made me want to proceed, with heavy caution, into posting this image. If I could have done anything differently, I would have shared it with her personally first instead of blasting it out there insinuating an interest that may not have even been there to begin with.

Why? Because I consider Kenzi to be a good friend. Someone I can talk to, someone I can joke with, someone who, nine times out of ten, will have me shaking my head with a smile. Do I stand by all of her decisions? No. But I respect her for making them.

This is getting off track, I know, but I wanted to make it clear where I stand. I'm not upset over what I've done though I would have done it differently. Thank you for your time in reading this.

No comments:

Post a Comment