Thursday 23 November 2017

Skyrim Legendary

***DISCLAIMER***
So...this is kinda, sorta my accounts on playing the game Skyrim. I've seen other people do it so I figured...why not, right? Anyway, just so people are aware of the stats that are going on, I'm playing on the PS3 gaming console, so absolute vanilla version. No mods to describe or anything like that. If you've played the game then you know what I'm talking about and I prefer it that way. I also have the last patch put out on the PS3 so I am, of course, playing the game on Legendary difficulty straight from the beginning all the way to the end without going back any steps. So expect to hear of my character running away. A lot. Who is my character? Her name is Alanya and is a red haired female wood elf learning to become a stealth archer. I did this build in my last playthrough and it's really fun to play. So...yeah, I'm doing that.

So what this is is a journal type story going out about the details of Alanya's adventures. Not everything is going in here, but maybe expect a secret or two plus the occasional alchemy recipe. Other than that...enjoy!




Middas, 17th of Hearthfire
Went into the White River Watch looking for imp stool mushrooms. Heard there was plenty to be had there. Should've expected from the two on the outside the entire place would be trouble. Took the warning I didn't take from Embershard and only peeked in. Found a blind man reading a book I “borrowed”. It was blank. Figured I could write some things in there to leave for him. Trying to put a positive spin on my thieving.

Poison of Paralysis
Imp stool + Swamp Fungal Pod + Slaughterfish Scales/ Slaughterfish Eggs/Orange Dartwing/Blue Dartwing

I can't recount everything that's happened thus far. Was nearly kept out of Whiterun, accosted several times at Riften, and came across major xenophobes at Windhelm. Reminds me of the Nord I left to die in Helgan. Damn elves may have been some of the first words I heard him speak, damn dragon may have been his last.

Won't detail out why I was brought to Helgan and how it ended with my neck on a chopping block, maybe later, but was saved by the unlikeliest of events. Would write it all out but I don't want people thinking straight away this is some fairy tale. Suffice to say a dragon got involved and fire rained from the sky. Can already hear people laughing at this already. “Wood elf, probably ate too many nirnroots.”

Markarth was a little interesting. Assassination almost happened, instinctively intervened. Regretted it very shortly after. Didn't think us wood elves could burn so easily but the man had me down to a knee within seconds of his fire attacks. Keep forgetting I can do that myself. Luckily the guards were there, they stalled the guy while I took a few potshots with my bow. Woman gave me a pendant, sold it when after forgetting where I got it. Smithing is a thing, I can always make more. Did. Sold those too.

Got arrested the other day. Markarth. Served in Cidhna mine. Hard time, pinned for murders I committed and maybe a few I didn't. Walked out with a bunch of silver and a load of people calling themselves Forsworn. They massacred the guards. Good riddance. Didn't know which were corrupt and which weren't. Now it doesn't matter.

Was approached to join something called the Dawnguard. Apparently they hunt vampires. I had heard of rumors of them running amok, but had never encountered any. I told the orc as such but he just laughed and brought up these Deadra fighters that had been whipped out. I never heard of them either. Still said I'd join up. Beginning to think this won't be the first time my mouth will be getting me into trouble.

Went on a swamp fungal pod and deathbell run the other day just north of Morthal. Far more intense than the creep cluster and dragon's tongue one just south of Windhelm. Did see a post by a giant's camp stating that no one should go in. Saw giant taking a walk far off so went in anyway. Looted their chest, wasn't impressed. Should have left a note about that on top of the first note. Back to Mortahal...decided if a mudcrab had a shell...run. Unless they chased then I had to swing and weave around. Ran into three frostbite spiders. Put some water between us and tried with the bow. Hardly effective. Used the sword instead. Took too long to deal with them even on their own. Maybe it's time to trade in the iron sword and long bow.

Met a Khajit caravan. I remember hearing when I was younger how Khajit merchants were just as likely to gut you while browsing for your wares than to rip you off with their prices. They say there's a reason they mostly set up shop at high places or by rushing rivers. This one seemed nice, shame I was saving up for some training at the time otherwise I'd have bought a little more. Did buy some salt pile though the moonsugar looked interesting and he mentioned something called skooma. Maybe next time.

Cleared Embershard mine. Nearly got chased out a number of times. Guard outside should have been the clue. Next bandits to move in might notice the dead all lying on the bridge and think it a warning or something from some monster. No. Safe spot, figured I could just keep jumping in the water. Worked. All dead and I got the iron. Ha.

Made daggers. Sold those too.

No comments:

Post a Comment