Thursday 30 November 2017

Skyrim Legendary Journal 002



17th Hearthfire
Left Dark Brotherhood sanctuary to start another foraging trip around Whiterun. Right, joining the DB. Just heard rumors of some little kid looking for them so I went to investigate. Turned out he wanted this old woman running an adoption place killed. Figured it wouldn't hurt to see what was so bad about her so went to Riften. Instincts took over the moment I saw her, more heard her. Arrow through the head in her chambers. They knew it was me but no one stopped my escape. Woke up in some cabin, told to kill again from three. Chose the old woman, reminded me of that first old hag. Courier later gave me a notice about the new owner of the adoption place. Can't imagine myself with kids. Can barely take care of myself.

But leaving the sanctuary was immediately approached by a trio of hired thugs. I was ready for combat this time with a little trick I learned from Cidhna mines. Shock barely worked, it was a long run to Falkreath for guard support. Guards were no help, they just cheered the fight on as I struggled to live. Luckily, these thugs weren't very bright or overly prepared for a ranged fight. Attacked from atop of some sawed logs with the bow. Killed the first two and got the details from the third. Promised to let him live for the information, just stuck his accomplices daggers through his legs pinning him to the ground. If the guards are merciful, they'll kill him before the wolves do. Decided to pay the contractor, Olmaug, a visit.

18th Hearthfire
Visited Olmaug at his jobsite, apparently was upset I stole from a dead man. Guess the loot was for him. Didn't matter. Told him to hire better thugs next time.

19th Hearthfire
Foraged south and then east of Whiterun. Flowers grew back out and the butterflies braved the landscape once more. Made out like a bandit. Got too cocky and went off the trail when I noticed a half buried chest on a small peninsula in the river. Apparently was home to a saber cat. Ran back to Ballteborn farm. Sabercat tore apart the two farmers allowing me to kill the cat. Shame they died, but those ingredients inside their home won't go to waste.

Continued foraging a little north though spotted a giant walking toward the farm. Guess he was eyeing the place the whole time and was waiting. Too much wheat at the farm, didn't want the giant there keeping me from it. Took a few pot shots to get his attention. Long fight, was nearly crushed by the farm wall, but now I have a giants toe and the mammoth tusk for Ysolde.

Continued further north until I noticed remnants of some broken down stone fort. Investigated, found a band of bandits fighting Whiterun guards for control of it. Decided to help the guards by taking a few shots at the bandits. Helped myself to their gear and the gear hanging off weapon racks as payment for my services. Seems to be the way in Skyrim. Help and then pay yourself.

Further north until it started to snow. Two wolves, nothing major. Still healthy. Noticed another farm, helped myself to the wheat. Noticed giants camp in the distance. Giving them a wide berth. In fact, going back to Whiterun to sell what I have and prep for western side of Whiterun for ingredients. Ate a nirnroot. Still delicious.

Timdas 30th Hearthfire
Arrived at a cave called Reachwater Rock west of Markarth. Decided to investigate finding a ton of various mushrooms outside. Whilst foraging, found a dead bandit with a bloodied note talking about ancient nearby crypt being sealed. How it should remain sealed. Backed away slowly.

Went on a juniper berry run. Heard from the wagon driver there was an abundance in the area. Remembered from my lessons when younger how juniper berries and elves ear could be made into marksman potion. Went a little too south. Got chased off the road and into the river by some high elf shooting ice at me. Hurt once. Was enough for me to dive into the water. Skyrim affects people in strange ways. Better to keep up my guard from here on out.

Found out from a traveler about troubles inside Soljund's Sinkhole. Apparently it's a mine for moonstone. I could use that so went over to investigate. Draugr's. Just three inside the main area. Took them out and grabbed the ore. Saw a hole with crypt underneath. May come back for that later.

Tundas, 2nd Frostfall
Decided to do another contract for the Dark Brotherhood. Dirty business but it pays and they're putting a roof over my head. Gotta chip in when I can. Ice wolves just southwest of Windhelm chased me back to the stables where everyone joined in. Took a few shots from the side, hit a horse, everyone got upset. Had to run. Did contract. Will return later to see if anyone's still angry.

They were. Ten gold was the bounty price. Couldn't do it. Went to jail instead. Some might call it stupid, I call it honoring a brave stallion fighting a battle it knew it couldn't win. Windhelm cells are small, uncomfortable. Barely enough room to stretch out. Missed Cidhna mines.

Loredas 4th Frostfall
More foraging down west from Windhelm. Creep cluster, dragon's tongue, jazbay grapes, plus a few flowers. The usual. Talk of returning dragons, I saw one, so back to the alchemy board. Dragons tongue, purple mountain flower, snowberries. Won't matter the dragon then, I'll be ready. Mammoths, on the other hand, had to give them a wide berth. Were crossing the roads and didn't need anyone crossing them.

Morndas 6th, Frostfall
Traveling east of Whiterun came across a skooma dealer. Wasn't certain what it was so he attacked me. Took a while to take him down but now I have some skooma on board. No idea what it does, though when I go to sell it merchants give me questioning look like they're about to close their shop. Perhaps I'll hold onto it. Before he attacked me, dealer mentioned something about deals going on in Riften. Might find answers about this stuff there.

No comments:

Post a Comment