Friday 28 April 2017

Katalina; A history of dominatrixes

***DISCLAIMER***
This is an out of character account of how the Katalina character came to be. As some people know, it was essentially ten years of trial and error, research, and other things that all went into making Kat the character she is today. Therefore, I figured it might be fun to discuss some of the points in her creation. Perhaps from this, people will be inspired to write about the backstories in their own creations as I would be happy to read them. Just drop me a link if you ever do so. That said, and as I said, there were a lot of trial and error style characters over the past decade that I can begin with. Hopefully you'll enjoy. :)


Mistress Camilla
My first step into the pool and that's precisely what it was, just a step. I can't recall her doing anything in regard to her dominatrix title aside from having a slave named Lycia. She was mostly a silent figure keeping to herself and her biggest impact was her death when Lycia, in a jealous rage, shoved her back causing her head to collide with the corner of a table. As the death was deemed accidental, Lycia was able to continue on in her Mistress' footsteps.

Lycia
Somewhat. Lycia was another sad attempt over what I had only just begun to understand. I was doing bits with a friend and that turned into a contest. Having little idea over what I was doing, I entered and things never really went anywhere. I did have some fairly creative ideas so perhaps this was the catalyst to Claire's creation?

Katalina
You read right, Katalina was actually my third attempt at writing up the perfect dominatrix (in my opinion). She was the first who wasn't a solo character, meaning she was in the support role, and never had problems with men. Given that her counterpart was a male in ring competitor going by the name of Sammy D. (Or Sammy Destruction). Given that Sammy was an avid fan of pain he would sit on on Kat's sessions, a theme that confused others into thinking he took part. He didn't, as I laid out in one of my roleplays with him constantly standing in front of the camera during one of Kat's sessions to declare where he was and what he was doing. Naturally, Kat was displeased and kicked him out.

Her style was close to arrogance. She had just become a full fledged dominatrix and figured she could take on the world. Therefore, it allowed for enough of my lack of knowledge to kick in. As a matter of fact, a fair bit of Kat today can be traced back to this run. Her age, her pleasure in “breaking” individuals, her uncertainty on wrestling when she first came into GPW, and (perhaps most importantly) her connection with Holly (aka Summer aka Blink). Blink had just gotten into wrestling and sought out Sammy to train her. Kat took an immediate interest and, due to Blink getting married, it gave way for a short cameo from the domina some years later before making her (hopefully triumphant) return. For those wondering, Kat's first pic base was Julie Strain.

--After Kat's first run, I really began to hit the research area hard reading more books, visiting more forums, watching more videos. Ponyplay became an apt favorite of mine and wanted to incorporate that badly with a future dom attempt. Think we know where that lead to. Of the books I've read, I feel that perhaps those by Penny Birch were the best influences for me. Later on came Sunstone and then my own attempts at writing. I don't want to look back at them, but you'll know them in this blog from my saying “I never went over them”. Lol

Emily Stratfield
She wasn't so much a dom as much as she was just power hungry and quite controlling of those beneath her. Still, I like to add her in here as an attempt and a very long standing one that I still use today, given her start was almost fifteen years ago. Her style was to basically take the pleasure from “pleasure and pain” and just replace it with “correcting”. The problem with her though, was once she hit her own support role it became increasingly hard for anyone (and soon my own self) to stop her from doing the things she was doing. Still, when she hit that support role it gave way for a new face to step up to the plate.

Mistress Spice
Back to the Mistress titles and my first full fledged, front of centre style character attempt at a dominatrix. I felt she had the power, the confidence, everything needed to be looked up to. She even had two servants, Lilith and Eve. Spice was also the start of writing my personal views about the world of BDSM as she would often keep a journal. Obviously, this would metamorphosis into Kat's blog. Also, while she wasn't one for whips or floggers, she was for cages and complete mind breaking. I was still young and quite into that whole scenario. Eventually, her inability to be phased by anything was her downfall of the OOC market. No one wanted to work with her so she was left to just ramble on in the background about her two pets. Eventually, I just killed her off when I took everything from her (letting Eve and Lilith develop on their own) and took the hints as I devised a plan for the next attempt.

Does kinda sound like I shrugged her off, but her death was the result in her devotion toward the Red Lady, a fixture among other characters. When she realized Lilith wouldn't return to her, she sacrificed everything she had left (herself) to her Goddess so that Lilith would live a life of agony.

Katalina Star
Last name, past, soon to come neutral setting out on Twitter. Breaking in a slave, ponygirls, self interest in writing, and most importantly British. That was important given that Penny Birch was from England, I felt my domina's from then on needed to be as well. That also means that Spice was from England as well. Katalina was a slow work to get to where I wanted her to be, but with her Twitter and blogs I feel I've gotten her to a place where I can say that I've succeeded in my goal in creating a domina in the way I feel suits them best. Compassionate, controlling, playful, but most importantly approachable.

Every now and then I do still get comments about how I write her, how people accuse me of not knowing/respecting the world of bondage. This is why I'm glad to have the blogs, why I'm glad through Kat I've made so many friends. I don't protest to say I know therefore I'm an expert, because I'm not. I barely know anything. Just the other day I learned a little more truth about nipple piercings. Lol So always learning, always looking forward. Hopefully you can join or stick with me, in any way, along the road. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment