Monday 14 May 2018

Skyrim Legendary Journal 04


Fredas 26th of Mid Year
Arrived at Markarth where Lydia and I split up. I told her I was going to handle a few odd jobs around town while she went and set up for a blessing from Dibella over our union. In all honesty, these jobs were...tricky. Things I didn't want Lydia to know about, not after the lighthouse incident outside Solitude. Breaking and entering into Calcemo's lab. Nearly had to kill his assistant to get out. Luckily I was high above them when they entered allowing me a chance to slip by them unnoticed. Didn't kill any of his guards, didn't want any loss of innocence. Also needed to gather up some intel for the Dark Brotherhood about some gourmet cook and, as requested, killed him after. Felt bad, but he could have sent some sort of warning blowing everything for us. He was just a cook in Markarth, no one was going to manage any sort of connection. Next I entered into this request to clear out the Hall of Dead. Apparently someone's been eating corpses. Went in and...now my presence is simply requested elsewhere.

Got back in touch with Lydia but she wasn't too happy. The sisters wouldn't allow an audience so I went in myself. Past the first woman and through the doors at the back. They charged me with finding some sybil, or whatever, as payment for my transgressions. I agreed, simply so we could get the blessing and Lydia could be happier about our marriage.

27th of Mid Year
Cleared Reachcliff cave for Namira's followers. Didn't tell Lydia why we were making the detour until the woman who tasked me with the job, Eola, came to us upon completion. Why did she have to say the feast would be a human? Lydia has been looking at me oddly all day. On the way back to Markarth, I even caught sight of her twisting the engagement ring I made her. When we got back to the Understone Keep, there was word about thieves in Calcemo's laboratory. A few elven guards were running around looking. I told Lydia I had no idea what was going on there. After the business with Reachcliff, I couldn't tell her I was stealing work as well.

2nd of Sun's Height
When following after Hermaeus Mora's voice, I stumbled across a cave I felt was worth exploring. Upon entering, I was greeted by a series of ghostly aparitions attacking me on sight next to a journal. It's was just part one of four with the others deeper in. The further I went the more disturbing the story became. A necromancer was preying on women from nearby Dawnstar killing, reanimating, and enslaving them. These ghosts were clearly those victims. It felt bad killing them after that, but they were already dead and I'm sure wouldn't want to continue on like that. Fitting how it was a woman to end these plans though.

On the way out, however, I found myself wondering; what would I do is Lydia died on our journeys? How far would I go to keep her memories alive knowing, and seeing, necromancy as an option. Especially this level. I'd be able to love her without fear of judgment. I need to stop having these thoughts. How long has it been since my last taste of skooma?

Speaking of, someone's still producing it in the warehouses of Riften. I thought of bringing it up to the Jarl, but

8th of Sun's Height
While out travelling, Lydia and I came across a small battle between Stormcloak and Imperial soldiers. Despite their own best efforts, the Stormcloak soldiers fell. When questioning the Imperial soldier, he drew his blade causing me to defend myself. Lydia questioned what I saw though, as she didn't see a sword drawn. But I know what I saw. When leaving the area, I felt my pouch thinking I had six bottles of skooma only to feel five. Maybe I am losing it.

12th of Sun's Height
While travelling, Lydia and I came to a small temple location far south from Dawnstar. It was nice. Cozy. Warm. She wondered how the children were doing. I realized we didn't have anyone looking after them. That needed to change. She suggested a friend of hers that was a fairly tough girl. I'll be looking her up next time we reach Whiterun. For now, this temple draws my curiosity too much. I can tell there's more, but the way ahead is blocked.

13th of Sun's Height
As per Lydia's request, I met with a woman named Uthgerd the Unbroken at the Bannered Mare. She wouldn't just take my request of protection at first so I had to prove it. It was a lengthy fist fight, longest I've had in a while. But I defeated her in the end and she's since promised to look after my daughters while I'm away. It seems a waste of such talent, but Sophie and Lucia are so important to me. After the fight, I noticed Lydia looking a bit antsy on things. As we left the tavern, she asked if we could take a trip to Riften.

20th of Sun's Height
Cleaned up the house, I know we won't be back for a long while. Lydia is more adamant than ever to rescue the child from the Forsworn. I am as well. Once things were cleaned we got to talking about our marriage a little. I realized a little more of why she didn't just want Dibella's blessing but needed it for our union. Apparently had something to do with her parents but she wouldn't divulge too much. She mentioned it had to do with the civil war and I knew, during our trek, we were going to mention that again.

21st of Sun's Height
Lydia didn't want to go into Markarth this time, so we stayed by the river outside Salvius Farm. The way she held me in her sleep it was more the privacy she was after. Unfortunately, or perhaps fortunately, I received none of it. I was distracted by a vision. A white light that appeared to push away from me and yet surround me at the same time. Green smoke came around my feet and I could feel myself inhale it. I don't know what it meant, I just feel as though something is tugging me north. Something I must obey.

Tonights dinner was a stew containing chicken, a little mudcrab, diced dark elf, sliced redguard, and a little forsworn for added spice. Lydia didn't want any. She said since that clearing of the cave for those “unsavory” people I've been looking at people differently. Come to think of it, it makes sense now why she's stopped being comfortable going through Markarth. I told her not to worry, that everything would be alright. She then asked about the stutter in my steps, as though I wasn't walking myself but someone was pulling me. I told her I was tired. She's only concerned but I need to answer the pull. North. We must keep going north.

23rd of Sun's Height
We arrived to where I was being pulled. It was a shrine to a Deadric prince called Peryite. Te green smoke made immediate sense and I was given a task to kill an elf. I was told of his location that is to the west. However, the captured child is to the east. It'll take some work, but I think I can convince Lydia the girl may have been transferred west.

26th of Sun's Height
Managed to find the sybil of Dibella but Lydia was mildly upset. I had, as she put it, tricked her into joining me on a completely separate journey down through some dwarven ruins. I admit it was wrong of me but in doing this I have earned Lord Preyite's favor. What's one more set of eyes watching over us?

29th of Sun's Height
Lydia and I...might need another break. We rescued a woman named Serana from some tomb and returned her home. Perhaps I was giving her a little too much attention, asking her about her kind and whatnot, she ended up smacking a sabrecat clear across the road. She said she was fine afterward but I don't know. The thought of mixing in a little skooma with her drink did cross my mind, something to calm her nerves, but I realized how much worse it would make the situation.

Lydia and I are taking a break. She insists our engagement is not broken off, but she feels I've gone too far now. I accepted Harken's gift and became a vampire. It's a different feeling and while there are certainly gifts I enjoy...there are others I could do without. I told Lydia, who is staying at Lakeview, that I will be off contracting a deal for firewood. She knows that's a lie but she doesn't know the truth. I'm going to go to a Falkreath. It's small, isolated. If no one questions the eyes or the paleness then I'll assume my new form. My only hope is that it does not become a slaughter but even as I write that I feel a hunger. I look at Lydia and feel the same way. This must be why she wants the break. She doesn't trust me. She feels at any moment I'll drop her down and feast. I'll go to Falkreath and I'll prove I can control this...side of me.

9th of Last Seed
Things were horrible. Guards automatically attacked. I lacked the strength to deal with them. What the hell is this “gift” and how can it even be called that? I did manage to kill a tavern worker before fleeing. How is that a gloating point? This is the first night, in fact, I've been with enough peace to write into my journal. I came to Whiterun for training, found myself sleeping in the barracks of the Companions. Found myself feeding on every last one of them. Aela twice. She was the most delicious after all. I wonder if I could feast on Lydia. Would she let me? Does it matter? I'm going to Redwater Den, gather up the necessary materials and return to Harken. If I'm not impressed by the results I'm ridding myself of this “gift”.

13th of Last Seed
I did it. I feasted on Lydia. If anything, it's only brought her closer to me. Perhaps this is the gift. I see no reason to dismiss it now.

No comments:

Post a Comment