Sunday 30 July 2017

Claire's Untitled Queens Blade Project

***DISCLAIMER***
Woo! My first disclaimer! I feel a lot like Kat now. :P Anyway, this is just to say that while I've given the project this much thought, DO NOT expect anything from it for at least a couple months or so. I don't even have everyone I need yet, plus there's all the sets I gotta produce beforehand and that's gonna take time and cashiola. So if you're excited by this, patience, because I'm excited too. :)
Claire


So what is this planned project?
After my review of Queens Blade and my purchasing of a few figures, I got to thinking of a story that might be fun. It still bothers me that, in my opinion, a few characters weren't utilized to their full potential. Therefore, I figured instead of just being moody over it, I'd actually do something. So that said, what I hope to do is...MY OWN FAN FICTION STORY! Only in the sense of maybe a graphic novel. So pictures as they are but with text bubbles and the like to tell the story I wanna tell with the characters. Note; I can't get all the characters, so I'm going to have to make due with those I can. Some characters will come with alterations while others will just be given my own personal touch. But more on those in the character section.

The Story
The story will take place after the first series end, with Leina winning the tournament and a few characters, like Tomoe (sad face) going back home. However, instead of Leina stepping down (Boo!) and handing the reins to her older sister Claudette (who didn't make mention in my review, I know)...this happens!

Upon taking her seat at the throne, Leina feels a tinge build up inside her as Menace enters the throne room applauding the new Queen. As it turns out, the soul of Menace's former slave hadn't been fully exorcised from Leina's body and now takes complete possession of her body, mind, and spirit. It isn't long after that Leina still bows down from the role of Queen, but instead of Claudette it's to her Mistress, Menace who renamed the Queen's capital to the Kingdom of Amara. From her new throne, Menace works to rebuild the splendor of her former empire.

Characters
For the start of things, I hope to have as many individuals paired up before either splitting up or forming alliances with others.

Menace & Leina
The antagonists of the story, Leina serves her Mistress dutifully while Menace revels in the lavish lifestyle she once had. Knowing she'll be around for a while, she's decided to take it easy the first century of her reign or so and, to show this, has closed the gates to the outside world.

Alleyne & Nowa
Current protagonists, Alleyne and Nowa are sent out from their village to uncover and report on what is going on back in the capital given communication has abruptly stopped. They still have that mentor-student relationship, but by this point it's been expanded to something more.

Airi & Melona
Menace's former running mates, they found themselves quickly cast aside once Menace found her dream and therefore felt no reason to aid in reviving the Swamp Witch. Melona and Airi still hope to achieve this dream, though moreso the former than the latter as Airi sticks with Melona for the constant source of nourishment she can provide. Given that Melona is a slime creature and can therefore regenerate herself at will.

Elina and Alice
Elina sets out to investigate her childhood friends abrupt silence from the castle but, given she can't do it alone, she “enlists” the support of treasure hunter Alice who proclaims knowledge of a way into the capital. I can't remember how close the relationship in the series between Elina and Leina was, but...they were referred to as sisters a lot and while some might be into it, I think I'll change it around to childhood friend if that's okay with everyone.

Nanael & Sigui
Summoned back down to the mortal plane by Sigui, Nanael finds herself trapped when Sigui takes possession of her vial of holy milk. Sigui's reasons for doing this aren't made clear, other than to shine light upon the sinners. Yeah, I'm hoping these two will be a good comedic duo. :P

Echidna, Cattleya, Ymir, & Branwen
They're gonna be in the story, but I don't wanna say in what capacity just yet. All I know is Echidna won't change much while Cattleya and Ymir will have reason to cross blades again as Branwen's character will be redesigned by myself.

More characters to perhaps be added at a later time

No comments:

Post a Comment